About the Author

Marie McHale is currently a lawyer and writer, formally a dishwasher, chambermaid, construction worker, drywaller, horse-drawn carriage driver, prep cook, bartender, housesitter, house painter, house cleaner, artist’s model, Electrolux vacuum saleswoman, hardwood floor layer, paralegal, dog walker, hostess, jewelry saleswoman, clothing saleswoman, waitress, ski bum, DJ, cat sitter, administrative assistant and business consultant.  She lives in Colorado with her husband and a very spoiled dog.

13 responses to “About the Author

  1. Marie,
    I love the name of your blog! And your Masthead! I have the chicken pox (I know, right?) and so I’m stuck in bed and promise to check it out. Good work!
    -Amy

    • echosofmymind

      Hope you are over the chicken pox! I tried diffferent mastheads and liked the 3-column deal. Look forward to reading your book when it comes out! I love the writing on your blog.

  2. Hugh Carson

    “I am just not consistent. And plus those stores above seem to have a wide range off crap to buy. Maybe next year I’ll start early, because otherwise, the sin and degradation of the season will eat me alive again and you will all be fucked. Happy Holidays.”

    Marie: You are a lady and writer after my own heart. Wham – right between the eyes, no relief: “you will all be fucked”, down to the fucking bone!! Huzzah, huzzah, keep it up!! When I write like that in my political rants, 75% flee with fear. Or at “polite” dinner parties of the 60+ set ’round here!! The remaining 25% are worth it. “If you’re not living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” Hugh

  3. mary byrd

    excellent! we have waited too long for these 🙂

  4. Hi Marie,

    In a perfect world, we would also be able to persuade you to post activist diaries on The Daily Kos http://www.dailykos.com

    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/1/20/827520/-I-called-Aetna-today@#$

    Cheers!

  5. Trudy

    I love this Marie…can’t wait til I have time to read it all. Don’t know how I stumbled on your blog, but I am so glad. AND I’m a subscriber!!!! I know you will keep having the kind of life that leads to this kind of writing!

  6. Keep ’em coming! I await each posting with eager anticipation.

  7. Diane Till

    You are an astonishing writer. I cannot wait for this to be a book! d

  8. Hi Marie.
    Love your writing.
    As a Christian I would love for you to come over for dinner and wind me up! I reckon my family and friends would love it too! To find us: after travelling north on the A9, just turn right at Inverness, in the north of Scotland, travel along the A96 to Forres; turn off left towards Kinloss; carry on to the College Of Roseisle crossroads; go straight on and Smithy Cottage is 300 yards straight ahead on the corner of the right hand bend. [cottage on the right of my blog banner]

    And could you please come prepared to do some house painting, hardwood floor laying, dry walling and some construction work! LOL!

    • Thank you so much Simply Dave, you are very kind. And I agree, hard work is good for agnostics and others! Ha ha. Seriously, I’m doing my best to remain open minded. I look forward to reading more about you on your blog, my new Scottish reader.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s